Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency -Alexander McCall Smith


Meet Precious Ramotswe, a heroine who is endearing, engaging, and simply irresistible. With persistent observation, gentle intuition, and a keen desire to help people with the problems of their lives, she solves mysteries great and small for friends and strangers alike.

While reading the first chapter I wasn't sure I was going to like the book. By the second chapter I was completely enthralled! Mme Ramotswe is one of those characters you can easily fall in love with. This book wasn't all that long, and didn't take me very much time to read, but it was really good! I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially how unlike most heroines in mystery novels Mme Ramotswe is!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I fell in love with these ladies and want to read more and more.

    ReplyDelete