Sunday, April 18, 2010

Beautiful Pigs -Andy Case


This little piggy went to market, and this little piggy went to the catwalk! And what a MARVELOUS DISPLAY this turned out to be, showing PIGS as you have never seen them before-primped, polished, and looking positively gorgeous. Every aspect of porcine elegance has been captured here in glorious full-coloured photography.
This unique gift book, destined to adorn coffee tables of pig lovers around the globe, in the perfect piggy-in-the-middle conversation piece.
This book made me laugh! I liked how it was done, making sure that pigs stay humorous and don't become boring as so many pig books are wont to make them appear. It is definitely the book to adorn coffee tables, and I know it's already on ours!
I have never seen a pig that looks like a sheep. I didn't even know that pigs had hair until a couple years ago! My (new) favourite pig has to be the Mangalitsa! They are so cute! The piglets especially are adorable! They're small and fluffy and what more could you want from a sheep? Oh, sorry, I meant a pig! But in some of the pictures you really can't tell the difference...
One thing I noticed was that Tamworth pigs are one of the favourites of the author, and possibly many other pig lovers. Coincidentally, they are also described as the hardest to handle, and are not recommended to novice pig farmers. Whoops... The book also says they can run like a racehorse. This is true!
I loved this book (and did I mention, it also has good information on every type of pig too!) and suggest that people take a look at some of the pictures. There are some very ugly, er, I mean beautiful pigs out there!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellie,
    another blog to check out.

    Bibliobabe

    she has a list of 10 teen book blogs and each has a contest to win a teen journal.

    ReplyDelete